Dealing with an AC issue can be a stressful situation. Not only are you uncomfortably hot in your home, but also you’re worried about the cost. Luckily, at Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we’re here to help. As a trusted AC service company, we are your experts for emergency repairs and routine maintenance. Our goal is to provide you with honest, cost-effective, and reliable service to help keep your home cool and comfortable. We’re also available for 24-hour service, so whether it’s the hottest summer day in Orlando or the middle of the night, you can count on us for help!
Tired of dealing with constant repairs? Be sure to ask about our air conditioning replacement services to give your home the upgrade it needs.
Top Signs Emergency AC Repair Service Is Needed
An Orlando home without a working air conditioner can be less of an inconvenience and more of a safety concern. Knowing how to identify an emergency situation is critical to schedule 24 hour AC repair. Call our expert contractors if you’re dealing with any of the following:
- No Cold Air: You need your AC to blow cold - especially during the summer. If your temperatures are fluctuating or the unit is blowing hot air, there’s likely an issue with the refrigerant levels. This will often force your unit to work harder to reach those cool temperatures, which can lead to further wear and tear on the unit.
- Airflow Issues: The air handler is responsible for distributing air throughout your home. If there are certain rooms getting little to no air, or your entire home is affected, you need immediate attention.
- No Power: In many cases, your AC will power cycle when it’s on the verge of breaking. This means turning on and off multiple times without actually cooling your home. However, if your unit is completely off and not turning on, you have a major issue on your hands.
- Strange Odors: Odors are never a good thing when it comes to your AC. If it's a mildew or moisture-type smell, there’s likely excess condensation in the system. However, if it’s a burning odor, there could be an electrical issue that could lead to a fire risk.
- Water Leaks: Excess condensation from your AC generally drains out of the home. However, if there is a puddle of water under your unit or the system has turned off, it likely means the drainage line is clogged. Additionally, frozen coils can thaw, which also causes that water leakage.
We offer 24/7 live answer, which means if your air conditioner stops working in the middle of the night, you can expect to speak to one of our technicians and get the help you need quickly! Additionally, we work with all major brands including Goodman, Bryant, and Lennox & York!
How Can AC Maintenance Services Help?
The best way to avoid most of the emergency issues above is with routine AC maintenance services. During a maintenance appointment, our technicians will check:
- Refrigerant Levels: The refrigerant in your system is what helps cool the air. If levels are low, not only can we recharge it, but also we’ll look for signs of a leak to ensure you have a long-term fix.
- Air Ducts: The ductwork in your home is responsible for distributing air. If they’re clogged or damaged, it could hamper airflow, which is why we always inspect them.
- Electrical Components: Most air conditioners are powered by electricity. Our air conditioner tune-up experts will inspect thermals and ensure all the electrical controls are properly functioning and connected.
- Mechanical Parts: From fans to motors, air containers have plenty of mechanical parts. We take the time to inspect them and possibly lubricate them to avoid repair issues and strange noises.
Because of the amount of use air conditioners get in the Orlando area, scheduling an annual AC tune-up can go a long way to keep your system running. Not only will it avoid those major emergencies, but also it can extend the system’s lifespan, improve indoor air quality, and help lower your energy costs too!
Is your AC struggling to produce cold air? You may have an AC refrigerant leak! Be sure to ask our experts about our inspection services today!
Your AC Service Company
At Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we pride ourselves on being the trusted AC service company in the area. We understand the challenges of dealing with contractors, which is why we aim to be the company where professionals and integrity still exist. So whether you need an emergency repair or want to schedule an air conditioner tune-up before the summer months, you can count on our licensed, background-checked, and highly rated technicians to help keep your home safe and cool!