An important part of owning a home is knowing who to call when something goes wrong. For all Winter Garden homeowners, your air conditioner is one of your most essential appliances, which is why coming home to no cool air can seem like such a stressful experience. At Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we are here to help handle those tough situations. As your full-service AC contractor, we offer a range of services including maintenance and repairs to full air conditioning installations. No matter your needs, we’ll be here to help!
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from homeowners in your area.
When Should You Schedule AC Repairs?
More often than not, many of our customers call us for emergency AC service when they come home on a summer day to find sweltering temperatures indoors. While we’re always available 24/7 - helping our customers avoid emergencies is also important.
Some common signs an emergency issue may be on the way include:
- Fluctuating Temperatures: Is the air fluctuating between ice cold and lukewarm? More often than not there is either a refrigerant leak inside the unit or some mechanical failure causing the issue.
- Increased Energy Costs: The harder your air conditioner has to work to cool your home, the more energy it will consume. Rising energy costs are often a precourse to a mechanical future in the unit.
- Frozen Coils: Is there water dripping under your unit? The evaporator coils are responsible for cooling air. If there is a refrigerant leak, they can freeze, and stop cold air from getting produced. As they thaw, they can easily leak water under your unit.
Of course, if you are in an urgent situation, you can always count on us for 24-hour air conditioner repair.
Benefits of Central AC installation
When homeowners call our Winter Garden AC contractors for service, we always do our best to fix a problem with a repair. However, if your unit is on the older side or faced with a repair cost that’s roughly a third of the cost of a new unit, we always recommend replacement.
Some of the perks of a new unit include:
- Stronger Airflow: Are there certain rooms getting little to no airflow? An undersized unit could be to blame. When we install a new air conditioner in your home, we take the time to measure square footage and demands, getting you the tonnage you need to keep every room cool and comfortable.
- Added Property Value: Whether you’re putting your home on the market soon, have renters or are looking to save on insurance, adding new appliances like an air conditioner to your home can easily add value too.
- Energy Savings: Modern air conditioners are designed to improve energy efficiency without sacrificing performance. That means lower utility costs and all the cool air your family needs.
- Modern Features: Whether it’s a system that automatically turns off to help you save money or a smart thermostat you can control from your phone, upgrading your AC is the best way to get more control over your cooling.
In addition to traditional central air conditioning installation, we also offer smart alternatives too. For homes with limited attic space or those looking to cool only specific rooms and workspaces, be sure to ask about our ductless mini-split AC systems. These small units can easily be installed just about anywhere in your home and offer powerful cooling for a fraction of the cost of a new unit.
The Importance of Annual AC Tune Ups
Like any appliance in your home, your air conditioner can deteriorate with age - especially because it gets used so often throughout the year. The best way to keep it protected is with an air conditioner tune-up service. During a maintenance appointment, our technicians will check things like the evaporator coils, electrical connections, refrigerant levels, and of course the air filter.
This allows us to not only ensure your system is running smoothly but also helps detect any repair issues before they become emergencies. Even something as simple as replacing the air filter can have a major impact on your utility costs and air quality.
We know that remembering maintenance is tough. That’s why we offer membership plans to make ongoing service cost-effective and convenient.
Schedule Service Today
At Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we pride ourselves on being available to our customers. We know how fun being outdoors can be in the summer months, but also understand your Winter Garden home needs to be an oasis from the heat. That’s why dealing with air conditioning issues can be such a challenge. Luckily, you can always count on us for honest, reliable, and transparent service.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription