Are you showing signs of allergy or asthma symptoms while in your house? Is there a layer of dust on your furniture, even after you just cleaned? These can signal you need your air ducts cleaned. Call Star Air Conditioning & Heating for air duct cleaning services in Alafaya, FL. We are a veteran-owned and operated company and make sure every technician we hire is licensed and undergoes a background check.
Is the air in your home too dry? Contact us to learn about our humidifier services.
Signs Your Air Ducts Need To Be Cleaned
Because your air ducts are hidden away and are typically out-of-sight-out-of-mind, how do you know when you need to schedule professional cleaning services? Some signs to watch for are:
- Mold: Believe it or not, mold can develop in your ducts due to condensation from your heating and cooling systems. If you see mold near your vent covers, smell a musty odor, or notice allergy or asthma symptoms worsening, it can signal you need air duct cleaning services.
- Dust: If you notice dust around your house - even after you clean - it can indicate you have dust, dirt, pet dander, and other contaminants in your air ducts. You might even be able to see some debris on the air supply and return vents throughout your house.
- Rodents or insects: It’s unpleasant to think about, but occasionally rodents or insects can live in your air ducts. When this happens, they can leave behind droppings and other bacteria. This can then enter your home when the air blows through your vents.
- Home renovation: If you recently did a large remodeling project at your house, dust and debris from the construction can get into your vents.
- Rising energy bill: If your utility bills are rising and your usage hasn’t changed, it can indicate your ducts are dirty. If there is too much dirt or debris in the duct, it can be difficult for air to make its way through the HVAC system. This can force your AC or heater to work harder to keep your house at an ideal temperature.
Why You Need a Professional To Clean Your Air Ducts
While there are many home improvement tasks you can perform on your own, cleaning your air ducts is not one of them. This is a complex process that requires specialized tools and expertise that only professionals have. This can include commercial-grade vacuum systems and brushes to remove debris.
When you hire an expert, you also give them the opportunity to inspect your air ducts and look for any issues that should be repaired or addressed.
When is the last time you had your dryer vent cleaned? Keep your household safe and prevent fires by scheduling dryer vent cleaning services.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Cleaning Services
There are many benefits to scheduling professional air duct cleaning services. Some of the top advantages are:
- Increased air quality throughout your property.
- Improved health for allergy sufferers.
- Consistent heating and cooling throughout your home or building.
- Increased lifespan of the ductwork.
- Lower utility bills as leaky ducts can cause wasted air and energy.