Whether you realize it or not, your air conditioner is made up of a ton of moving parts that all work together to keep your home and family cool. When one is damaged, you can quickly find yourself with no cool air and in need of help. One such component is the evaporator coils, and they are responsible for compressing refrigerant, which is then used to cool the air. If they’re damaged or dirty, you can quickly find yourself with no cold airflow. Luckily, at Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we are your reliable Orlando AC evaporator coil cleaning and replacement company!
Refrigerant leaks are also a common reason for your AC to struggle to cool. Be sure to ask about our refrigerant leak detection and repair service today!
Top Signs Your Coils Are Damaged
The evaporator coils are housed inside of the air conditioning unit, which makes it hard to see any signs of trouble. However, homeowners should be able to feel and notice many of the common symptoms, including:
- Temperature Issues: Is your air conditioner struggling to produce consistently cool temperatures? Is it cooler at night and warmer during the day? These are common indicators of coil issues.
- Foul Odors: Bacteria and even mold can build up on the fins of the evaporator coils. This can produce foul odors throughout your home, which can also affect your respiratory health.
- Rising Energy Costs: If the coils are frozen, they’re less efficient at cooling the air. If your AC is taking longer to cool your home or your energy bills are on the rise, a cleaning is needed.
- Excess Moisture: Noticing a puddle of water under your unit? Frozen evaporator coils thaw throughout the day, especially in warmer weather. This can cause excess moisture to leak under your unit.
We work with all major AC brands including Goodman, Bryant, and Lenox & York, which means we can handle evaporator coil cleaning and repair in just about all air conditioners found in Orlando homes.
Benefits of Routine AC Evaporator Coil Cleaning
In most cases, homeowners try to avoid scheduling repairs as long as possible. However, when it comes to dirty or damaged evaporator coils, the issue will only get worse. Some of the benefits of scheduling professional help include:
- Improved Comfort: Orlando homeowners are no strangers to rising temperatures. With clean and efficient evaporator coils, you can expect cool and comfortable temperatures even on the hottest days.
- Cost Savings: For starters, coil cleaning will help keep your system running efficiently, which will always lead to lower energy costs. However, by opting for cleaning, you can avoid the costly need for evaporator coil replacement as well.
- Boosted Lifespan: One of the biggest issues with evaporator coil damage is that it forces your air conditioner to work harder to cool your home. This can quickly affect the lifespan of your unit, especially if it’s ignored. With routine coil cleaning, you can extend the lifespan of the coils and the unit as a whole.
An AC evaporator coil cleaning is a detailed service that needs to be performed by an experienced air conditioning contractor. At Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we use the latest tools and methods to effectively remove any dust and grime without damaging the fins inside the coils. Additionally, we can check for any leaks or damage to determine if further repairs are needed.
In many cases during our inspections, we can find additional damaged components. We also offer detailed AC repair service to get your unit back in top shape.
Experts Tips to Avoid Evaporator Coil Replacement
The most important thing all Orlando homeowners should remember is that their air conditioner has multiple moving parts that all help to keep the home cool. While the evaporator coils are mostly out of sight and inside the unit, there are still things you can do to avoid the need for evaporator coil replacement.
For starters, keeping up with air filter replacement is key. This keeps dust and grime off the coils, which is one of the leading causes of freezing and damage. Additionally, keeping debris away from the unit is also key.
However, if you do need to replace the coils, you can count on our expert technicians for seamless evaporator coil installation. Not only do we remove the old coils and upgrade them with modern options, but also we recharge the entire system to ensure it’s ready to cool again quickly!