One of the most important parts of your air conditioning or heating system is the air filter. These small filters are the first line of defense for your HVAC system and can keep impurities out of the air you breathe and out of your AC too. At Star Air Conditioning & Heating, we are your reliable Orlando air conditioner filter replacement company. From finding the ideal filter type to completing the installation, we take the guesswork out of this essential maintenance service.
Is your home struggling to cool? Dust may have already done some damage! Consider scheduling an evaporator coil cleaning today.
Signs You Need AC Filter Replacement
Not all homeowners remember to check their air filters regularly. However, even without a visual inspection, you will notice some common symptoms associated with a dirt or clogged filter, including:
- Allergy Issues: If your air filter is already full, it will be less effective at catching importers. That means more allergens and debris make their way into the home, causing an increase in allergy symptoms.
- Rising Energy Costs: A clogged air filter can choke airflow inside your unit. This forces your air conditioner to work harder than normal, leading to an increase in utility costs and energy consumption.
- Foul Odors: If the furnace filter has not caught dust and grime, that same debris will make it inside your system. Musty odors or mildewy smells can be an indication of a dirty filter.
- Excess Dust: Finding yourself dusting daily instead of weekly? When the filter is dirty, it will catch less of the dust that makes its way into your home, increasing the need for cleaning.
How Often is Furnace Filter Replacement Service Needed?
As a general rule of thumb, air conditioner filter replacement should be done every six months. However, there are plenty of factors that can impact the frequency of your replacement needs. For example, if there are many pets in the home or someone in the family is an allergy sufferer, it may be best to replace the filter more often.
Additionally, during the heavy usage months, like the summer in Orlando, opting to replace your filter more frequently can help it run more efficiently. For furnace filter service, homeowners should always replace the filter before the winter season starts. Because these systems often go unused for months at a time, dander, dust, and other debris can become trapped in the filter.
The frequency of filter replacement can often correlate with the age of your unit and your home location as well. Be sure to consult with our technicians to find the ideal schedule for your home and air conditioner.
Looking for more ways to improve the air quality in your home? Ask about our duct cleaning services, and enjoy stronger airflow and cleaner air today!
The Perks of Routine and Professional Help
While air and heater filter replacement are likely one of the easiest parts of maintenance, many homeowners forget. However, when you keep up with this care, you can enjoy major benefits, including:
- Lower energy costs
- Longer AC lifespan
- Improved airflow
- Fewer allergens in the air
As homeowners, we understand it can be tough to remember routine maintenance. That’s why we make air filter installation a part of our maintenance services. We’ll determine the best schedule for your replacement needs and ensure we always have one available for your next scheduled visit.
At Star Air Conditioning & Heating, professionalism, and integrity are our top priorities - and it starts with keeping our customers happy and healthy.
Click here to sign up for your filter subscription. Enter Promo Code: C28784 to receive $30 OFF your first order!